|title||Palpatine vs Mace Windu and the Jedi Comparison Edit|
|published||30. März 2009|
|Stichwörter||Revenge. Sith. Darth. Sidious. vs. Mace. Windu. and. the. Jedi. Palpatine. Anakin|
|description||This is the duel from Revenge of the Sith. between Darth Sidious/Chancellor Palpatine and the Jedi. led by Mace Windu. re-edited for pacing in an experimental nature, The unaltered footage is included for comparison's sake, This is not for profit,
- Palpatine no longer poises his lightsaber back before taking the first strike, It is EXTREMELY awkard looking. and looks totally blockable,,, so why did the Jedi NOT block it?? Removing this tiny moment makes Palpatine seem much quicker and dangerous. and a more believable threat to the Jedi,
- Palpatine strikes down the first two Jedi slightly faster than before. making his attack seem faster and more intense,
- Removed the moment where Palpatine points his lightsaber to Mace Windu's chest,,, why would Palpatine not try to stab or attack at this moment. as Mace has his arms spread wide like that? And why would Mace not attack while Palpatine is standing still like that?
- Removed the close-up of Anakin's face as he is landing on the Senate platform, It draws too much attention to itself. and Anakin doesn't seem concerned with anything except looking cool as he lands, This removal also speeds up the pace of Anakin getting to his destination. and allows the viewer to return to the fight a bit sooner,
- Removed the bad CGI double of Palpatine doing crazy flips, It just looks bad. and Mace Windu's eyeline never changes to follow Palpatine's movement. so I felt it was just better to remove it entirely,
- After shattering the window. Palpatine and Mace never trade sides. and fight while standing in the same position to the end, It seems useless to watch them trade sides twice. and there were some awkward movements and facial expressions from Palpatine that just looked goofy,
- When Mace defeats Palpatine. he approaches him with his lightsaber. standing roughly two feet away, In the next shot. as Anakin enters the room. suddenly Mace is much further away. walking up to Palpatine again, I changed this so that Mace is in about the same position when Anakin enters. fixing the continuity,
- Removed some of Palpatine's "no. no. no" line, It sounds terrible. and just saying it once is enough, This also makes his force lightning attack seem more like a dirty sneak attack. rather than postponing it with the "no. no. no" pause,
- Removed the "he's a traitor" "no. HE's the traitor!" line exchange between Palpatine and Mace, It sounds too much like two kids on the playground fighting: "I tagged you. you're it!" "No. YOU'RE it!"
- Changed the timing of Mace's responses to Palpatine's words while speaking to Anakin,
- Shaved off frames here and there during the moment that Mace raises his lightsaber to strike down Palpatine once and for all. so that Anakin's reaction happens sooner. and Mace doesn't seem to be holding his lightsaber up for eternity before attempting to deliver the death blow,- Removed Palpatine saying "UNLIMITED POWER!" Its just a little too over the top for me. after seeing this character played so toned down for so long. even in Return of the Jedi, Hope you enjoyed the edit, Feedback is welcome